- Union Gap School District has launched this informational website to provide periodic updates and resources about COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are working closely with the Yakima Health District and will follow the guidance of these health experts in this evolving situation. Our top priority is the health and safety of our students, staff and community.
- In addition, our custodial team is being extra vigilant in its cleaning procedures of our school and buses during this time. We encourage everyone to read the resources available about protecting the health of your child and your families at the left of this page. Below are some of the recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are sick. Students should stay home from school until they are well.
- Get a flu shot. It’s cold and flu season. These more common respiratory illnesses have affected our communities—especially the flu. The flu vaccine is your best protection against the flu. It’s not too late to get your flu shot.
Any changes that impact the school will be communicated promptly with families. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Principals or the District Office.