Union Gap School District created this page to keep the community informed on collective bargaining with the Union Gap School District employees who are represented by labor unions. The Union Gap Education Association (UGEA), which represents 37 certificated professionals (teachers and school psychologist) and Public School Employees of Union Gap (PSE) which represents secretaries, paraprofessionals, custodians/bus drivers and food service staff (30 individuals).
PUBLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES: The current contract with PSE expires August 31, 2020
- May 18, 2020: PSE and District exchanged communication regarding setting bargaining dates for July and August and method of meetings due to COVID-19.
- July 29, 2020: PSE and District bargaining session - exchanged initial proposals for changes to the CBA.
- August 14, 2020: PSE and District bargaining session - exchanged counter proposals for changes to the CBA and discussed MOU language.
- August 20, 2020: PSE and District discussed 2020-21 MOU proposals.
- August 21-September 2, 2020: District and PSE exchange CBA and MOU counters electronically.
- September 3, 2020: Bargaining session between PSE and District - discussed 2020-21 MOU proposals.
- September 4, 2020: UGSD and PSE agree and finalize 2020-21 Reduction MOU.
- September 16, 2020: UGSD presented counters to PSE for CBA and Reopening MOU.
- September 22, 2020: Bargaining session between PSE and District. Exchanged counters and discussion. UGSD and PSE agree on 2020-21 Reopening MOU and reach a tentative agreement on CBA. UGSD Board of Directors approve PSE Reduction and Reopening MOU's.
- September 24, 2020: PSE Reopening MOU finalized and posted on District website.
- October 20, 2020: UGSD Board approves 2021-2023 PSE CBA.
- November 3, 2020: PSE and UGSD finalize and sign 2021-2023 CBA. Posted to District website.
UNION GAP EDUCATION ASSOCIATION: The current contract with UGEA expires August 31, 2021
- August 6, 2020: UGEA and District scheduled 2020-21 MOU negotiation session regarding fall reopening impacts.
- August 18, 2020: UGEA and District scheduled 2020-21 MOU negotiation session regarding fall reopening impacts.
- August 25, 2020: UGEA and District agree and finalize 2020-21 MOU regarding fall reopening impacts.